Monday, May 24, 2010

Pretty but not THIN


I'm not perfect. Obviously. My name is neither Laetitia Casta or Jane Fonda circa 1973. But I will tell you this: do you find any imperfection with Monica Bellucci? Christina Hendricks? Salma Hayek? didn't think so. In fact, what all these women have in common is that they are glamorous, seductive, beautiful women with pretty impressive vital statistics! And what do I have in common with them? Certainly not an admirable film career, but within about an inch in or out, I have the same measurements as these amazing ladies.
Why then, can I ask you, when I was waiting in line for coffee at my local Cafe did I hear the two women behind me say, "well, she's pretty but she's not THIN". If I hadn't been so shocked at the outright hillarity of it all, I would have turned to say something like: "God, no I'm not. Also, my husband isn't cheating on ME".
WHAT KIND OF COMMENT IS THAT?!? I know very well I am not "thin"! In fact, I dress in clothes and heels that ACCENTUATE my very "unthin-ness"-(read as: hourglass with an extra half and hour.) I am not ashamed of it, do not hide it, make no excuse for what I think is a quite respectable, well proportioned, (fully functional might I add!!!), ladies body. My waist measures 24", the average American female measures between 31-35". My vitals are 35-24-41. Does that mean I have a booty? Hells yes. But that is why I look so cute in high waisted pencil skirts with nice broad belts. Being a size C cup is enough for me, keeps me from worrying about back pain and also, I can usually get away with wearing a pretty skimpy bikini at the beach.
All in all, I guess what I have to say is: cold, undersexed, grouchy women in cafes should probably keep their thin lips closed. It just makes you look skinnier when you talk that way.
For more info about how very un-thin I am, visit: Seattle Met Magazine http://www.seattlemet.com/style-and-shopping/articles/capitol-hill-home-stores-lit-dawn-bassett-0610/

5 comments:

  1. 24" Waist?!! Girl, where do you put your vital organs?

    You look absolutely adorable, as always! Can't wait to see you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. obviously my 24" waist is vital to keeping the 41" booty in check.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW....that is a GREAT picture...who took that...lemme hate on them...

    Eric

    ReplyDelete