Friday, May 14, 2010

Getting Fresh with Myself


Just a small disclaimer- I do NOT work for Amazon. I do not have stock in Amazon. I don't really think about Amazon except for how much I love the fact that they renovated and took great care in maintaining the classic structure of the 1932 Art Deco styled U.S. Marine hospital. It is the prize of Beacon Hill!

Ahem, that said, I recently "discovered" a little something that has absolutely changed my life! For those that know me, I live for food! I love nothing better, but you try hauling a 32oz can of olive oil, 4 avocados, a pkg. of ground lamb, and 3 bottles of wine home 12 blocks! Without a car, and my scooter waiting patiently to be fixed, the long walk home while plastic handles of the grocery bags cut into my fingers is about all I have. Until...Amazon Fresh! Holy half-price carrots! This is amazing!

I know that I complain a lot about there being no delivery in Seattle, turns out, Amazon completely agrees with me. Not only will they deliver a new steam iron, a pair heels, and a copy of Running With Scissors(thank you Augusten Burroughs!) to your door, but ONLY in Seattle will they also deliver:

sesame oil
tamari soy sauce
brussel sprouts
herbed chevre
a bottle of Cabernet(okay, 3 bottles! But who's counting?)
2 yellow onions
roasted red peppers
and yes, that 32oz can of olive oil

To. My. Door. What?!?

Here is something else lovely, upon receiving my delivery, the darling man who brought me the boxes gave me a bouquet of flowers- I say "oh, wait! These aren't mine!". He asks with a slight smile, "first order?" Um...yes...? "They are for you", he says as he hauls off the plastic bins all my groceries came in. WHAT? Since when has QFC given my a bouquet of flowers? Or anything for that matter?

I spent $38.13 on my first order, I was curious and went to the store and looked up what I would have spent if I had carried the damn bags home myself- $47.80 Also, it was a super sunny day out so I froze to death walking around the air conditioned grocery store wearing nothing but a sun dress and getting a chill from the freezer section. Boo. I hate you QFC.

Okay, there must be a down side right? YES!

Warning: Amazon Fresh is very, highly, ridiculously addictive and now all I can think about is the next time I will see that big green truck pull up! Do not ever use it or you will find yourself wanting to place grocery orders online at midnight just so you can have them a your door by 6am! You will find yourself scouting through their "deal" section, you will find yourself perusing page after page of tiny icons of food!

Guess I won't be able to bitch about no service in Seattle, thank you Amazon Fresh for delivering it.
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. You may have just changed my life. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to the amazing green magic truck with a radish on the side!!!!!!!! Why a radish...?

    ReplyDelete